Founded in 1976, the museum's first collection featured horse-drawn
buggies donated by Fred Polinder. The former blacksmith shop and farm
implement store was built in 1913.
The town of Lynden was platted by Phoebe and Holden
Judson in 1871. On the banks of the Nooksack River, it is just a few
miles south of the U.S. - Canadian Border.
Lynden lies at the heart of a rich agricultural area,
known nationally for dairy and raspberry production. It is the home of
Darigold, a cooperative formed locally in 1904. Sawmills were also a
part of the early economy.
Volunteers are vital to daily operations of the museum.
Dressing in period clothing can be a fun part of involvement. Jobs cover
all interests, ages, and skill-levels.
To volunteer, call (360) 354-3675 or stop by.